We have three exciting developmental opportunities taking place in Salisbury over this year.
Please see below and the attached documents for further information on what these opportunities are and what they can offer you and your staff.
1) STICKERS or SELFREGULATION? The neuroscience behind behaviour.
Does challenging behaviour disrupt learning? Confused about discipline? Do stickers or house-points work for all your children?
· Promote fantastic behaviour through a memorable course with a crucial message.
· Challenge your practice in helping children manage their behaviour and really get under the skin of what makes the best strategies effective.
· Leave with a true depth of understanding of how rewards and sanctions really work and be armed with practical and realistic methods that really make a difference.
· Promote self-regulation, effective discipline and positive relationships to ensure the best learning for all.
Who is it aimed at? Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 Practitioners
Date: Wednesday 9 May 2018 (09.30—15.30) - Greentrees Primary School, Infant Site, Sycamore Drive, Salisbury, SP1 3GZ
2) MAKING IT BETTER FOR BOYS- Right from the Start.
Are boys wired differently to girls? How can we get the learning/physicality balance right? Why are boys reluctant to read and right?
· The truth about how young boys learn and develop: Testosterone, brain wiring and the crucial missing link of physical development. With a touch of humour and a whole raft of research this course will empower you and the boys in your setting for years to come.
Who is it aimed at? EYFS Practitioners & Teaching assistants (0-6 years)
Date: Monday 18 June 2018 (09.30—15.30) - Greentrees Primary School, Infant Site, Sycamore Drive, Salisbury, SP1 3GZ
3) EFFECTIVE EARLY YEARS OBSERVATIONS – Beneath the Surface
Are observations effective? Are you glued to ‘Development Matters’? Are you unsure about what is truly DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE PRACTICE. With 20 years of training teachers and analysing learning in light of cutting-edge research Ali’s challenging workshop will enable you to:
· Break through barriers to learning
· Really understand how to help match teaching, support and interventions
· Effective strategies and tools to analyse the ways individual children learn.
Who is it aimed at? EYFS Practitioners and Teaching assistants
Date: Wednesday 26 September 2018 (09.30—15.30) - Greentrees Primary School, Infant Site, Sycamore Drive, Salisbury, SP1 3GZ